Performance Tuning Corporation has successfully implemented more than 300 Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) systems on UNIX, Linux and Windows. Below are some important things to consider before engaging your critical resources.
- Server, Storage and Network (SAN) Implementation Knowledge. Without these skills, it is impossible to properly configure and tune Oracle RAC due to the various server, network and application interdependencies.
- Operating System and Application Skills. We have implemented RAC systems on UNIX, Linux and Microsoft Windows platforms with leading applications such as Oracle eBusiness Suite, PeopleSoft and J.D. Edwards.
- Oracle Skills and Oracle RAC Experience. Database layout and design is important to scale and optimize the performance of Oracle RAC. Without previous experience with RAC, your installation may not be successful or perform as expected. We understand how to implement and optimize Oracle, Oracle RAC and your SAN (network) environment.
Let us make your job easier and be more productive, leverage our experience in the design and implementation of your Oracle RAC system.
Below is an example engagement that can be tailored to your specific environment. Variable components include OS, hardware, storage, file system, virtualization, database version, number of nodes.
BASE ORACLE 2-NODE RAC Service Package
This service is designed as a base package to deploy a 2-node RAC and can be built upon to design a package that fits your needs. Our specialized RAC Implementation service consists of the following Phases.
Phase 1 – System Installation and Configuration Planning
This phase is to assist Client in understanding requirements, making configuration decisions and providing recommendations for system setup for Oracle 11gR2 RAC and the chosen OS, including discussions on the following areas (not limited to).
- OS and Version
- Oracle Validated RPM for the OS (if appropriate)
- OS packages
- Groups and users
- Packages to support gnome desktop and VNC Server (if appropriate)
- NIC and bonding recommendations
- Required IP Addresses
- SCAN (Single Client Access Name) IPs
- Cluster Name
- Filesystem layout
- Shared Storage
- Shared storage access – Fibre Attached, NFS, iSCSI, etc.
- Cluster Configuration files
- OCR and Voting Disk – RAID method
- LUN configuration recommendations
- Database storage
- ASM or clustered filesystem
- Multipath software to be used (i.e. PowerPath, Device Mapper, etc)
- Local storage – each node
- Filesystem space for Grid Infrastructure home (Clusterware), Database Home, EM Agent Home (optional) – recommend space for /tmp directory, GRID HOME, ORACLE HOME
- Cluster Name
- Database Name
Phase 2 – 2-Node RAC Implementation
Implementation of a 2-node Oracle RAC. All hardware, storage, shared storage volumes, network and FC cabling will be setup, configured and verified operational by Client before implementation begins, as appropriate. RAC implementation will consist of the following high-level steps:
- Validate hardware and storage setup, gather software and license information
- Install OS and patches to current release level
- Validate configuration of OS for an Oracle installation
- Verify all networking functionality
- Validate network interface configuration
- Validate accessibility to external shared storage from each server node
- Configure shared storage for use by Oracle (multipath configuration)
- Install and configure Oracle 11gR2 RAC for 2-node cluster
- Patch the Oracle software to the current release level (if desired)
- Create a Seed Database on the RAC cluster
- Verify Oracle RAC functionality and failover capabilities
- A written summary documenting the final configuration of the implemented 2-node system.
- Tune GoldenGate by capturing the before images from the Exception Table https://t.co/I2LDle66Lo https://t.co/f7wFIgxtxB 4 months ago
- Do you have Exadata Excellence? We are hiring! Join a fast growing dynamic team. https://t.co/FUd1LlmBLn https://t.co/yMzQogmSf1 4 months ago
- Are you a GoldenGate Guru? We are hiring! Join a fast growing dynamic team. https://t.co/eJf1VFxJx1 https://t.co/YO1ctI9cCL 4 months ago