The Oracle GoldenGate 12c Advanced Course builds on the foundation laid down in the GoldenGate 12c Fundamentals Course continuing to teach “best practices” while focusing on advanced skills for troubleshooting, performance tuning, and replication error handling. Students will face real-world issues, troubleshoot them, and resolve them in hands-on labs so that they have the skills necessary to do so in their own production environment.
This class can be customized, at the customer’s request, for GoldenGate between Oracle databases (single or multiple versions) or between Microsoft SQL Server and an Oracle database in version 10g, 11g or 12c. Students will learn the tools and techniques they need to master so that they can provide the security, stability, and scalability your replication, upgrade, and migration projects require.
- Triage and Root Cause Analysis Overview
- Investigation and Informational Analysis
- Exception Handler Creation
- Working Effectively with Support on Replication Issues
- End-to-end Performance Tuning
- Build on existing database and GoldenGate competencies
- Reinforce a working knowledge of implementation requirements for homogeneous and heterogeneous replication and migration
- Reinforce a working knowledge of implementation and requirements for single, bi-directional, and multi-directional replication
- Learn how to identify and resolve replication issues in a wide variety of environments
- Brief overview of the “Fundamentals for Administrators” class’ materials
- Deep-dive into performance tuning Extract, Pump, and Replicate processes
- Deep-dive into troubleshooting Extract, Pump, and Replicate processes
- Troubleshooting synchronization and missing transaction issues
- Advanced review of GoldenGate commands
- Advanced Security for Data Replication
Need more information about training classes?
Consult our schedule to register to any of our publicly available training classes. For more information regarding this class or to schedule training for your organization, please complete the contact form below or email our Training Coordinator at email@example.com, or call (800) 887-4513.
“Performance Tuning was able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve many technical issues that often eluded other consulting companies we’ve worked with. I was most impressed by their quick response in emergency situations. They’ ve been instrumental in the delivery of Oracle technologies such as Oracle RAC, Grid Control and Data Guard.”
“Performance Tuning was able to offer unique insights to database design and performance tuning optimization on a world class level. They did a superb job of load testing, which was cited by Microsoft (a team member) as, the best we’ve seen in three years and 50 customers to come through our SQL Server Performance Tuning Lab. This statement came from the SQL Server Product Group in Redmond – a tough crowd to please. In addition, they accelerated several products including our flagship Thomson ONE Analytics and were a key part of a project whose success has lead to case studies by Intel, Microsoft, and Unisys.”
“The Instructor was able to customize the course slightly to meet the needs and levels of experience in the class. It was great to get some real hands on to cement in what was reviewed and explained.”
“We recently had a problem with SQL Server performance after introducing virtualization and a SAN in our server environment. After working with two different consulting companies without success, we contacted Performance Tuning Corporation. PTC rapidly set up a remote engagement with us, and within one week was able to identify a problem with a virtual device driver. We are very satisfied with the work PFC performed, and feel it is some of the best consulting money that we have spent in several years.”
PTC has been phenomenal. It’s a scary time when your most critical data is being moved while users are in the system working. Especially on the heals of our previous vendor’s failed attempt. I can only describe it as a calming effect when true professionals are running the show.
“We are very pleased with the work that PTC performed. They were able to extract information from SQL Server and use that information to identify the exact causes of our performance bottlenecks. They provided us with information, tools, and instructions on how we can locate the cause of our performance problems. The final report contained good information and gives us a benchmark for doing future performance reviews.”
“This is a well balanced course (Optimizing Oracle RAC on Linux) covering all major topics from System Administration to Database Administration unlike most of the courses”