Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment – Ensure the success of your Oracle Database Upgrade
Oracle Database Upgrade: Plan for success
An Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment from Performance Tuning Corporation provides you with options to upgrade your Oracle Database which meet your business and technical goals. The results of this assessment will identify potential risks to a successful upgrade and allow you to perform your Oracle Database upgrade with minimal downtime.
Supported Oracle Versions
Source – Oracle Database 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c
Target – Oracle Database 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c
An Oracle Database Assessment consists of three steps:
- Discovery and Data Collection
- Data Analysis
- Report Recommended Action
Discovery and Data Collection
- Meeting between your stakeholders and PTC’s team of experts to:
- Review the current Oracle Database as well as the dependent applications and business processes.
- Document business constraints to the Oracle Database upgrade such as application availability.
- Discuss required and desired functionality of the new Oracle Database
- Review current operational processes related to the Oracle Database
- Collect Oracle Database performance and configuration data with minimal effort by the client
- Analyze the data collected
- Compare requirements against existing Oracle Database upgrade methodologies
- Identify potential risks to each methodology
Deliver Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment
- Provide three options for the Oracle Database upgrade
- Identify the expected timeline to complete each Oracle Database upgrade option
- Explain the expected business impact and potential risks
- The following are the general areas that will be reviewed and analyzed. These may be customized depending on client feedback and need.
- Detailed Activities: Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment
- Discuss the business requirements for an Oracle Database Upgrade
- Application support
- Maintenance Cost
- Analyze Oracle Database configuration, resource utilization, and performance.
- Database configuration and parameter settings
- Oracle memory usage
- Database wait statistics
- Database file layout on disk
- SQL statements/stored procedures
- Database maintenance plans/jobs and schedule
- Backup/Recovery procedures/schedule
- Review desired functionality of new Oracle Database platform
- Cloud residence
Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment Deliverable:
Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment: The Oracle Database Upgrade Assessment will provide recommended methods for your Oracle Database upgrade. A summary of risks and expected timelines will be provided for each option. This will be reviewed and discussed on a call with the client team.
Tell us how we can help!
“Performance Tuning was able to quickly troubleshoot and resolve many technical issues that often eluded other consulting companies we’ve worked with. I was most impressed by their quick response in emergency situations. They’ ve been instrumental in the delivery of Oracle technologies such as Oracle RAC, Grid Control and Data Guard.”
“Performance Tuning was able to offer unique insights to database design and performance tuning optimization on a world class level. They did a superb job of load testing, which was cited by Microsoft (a team member) as, the best we’ve seen in three years and 50 customers to come through our SQL Server Performance Tuning Lab. This statement came from the SQL Server Product Group in Redmond – a tough crowd to please. In addition, they accelerated several products including our flagship Thomson ONE Analytics and were a key part of a project whose success has lead to case studies by Intel, Microsoft, and Unisys.”
“The Instructor was able to customize the course slightly to meet the needs and levels of experience in the class. It was great to get some real hands on to cement in what was reviewed and explained.”
“We recently had a problem with SQL Server performance after introducing virtualization and a SAN in our server environment. After working with two different consulting companies without success, we contacted Performance Tuning Corporation. PTC rapidly set up a remote engagement with us, and within one week was able to identify a problem with a virtual device driver. We are very satisfied with the work PFC performed, and feel it is some of the best consulting money that we have spent in several years.”
PTC has been phenomenal. It’s a scary time when your most critical data is being moved while users are in the system working. Especially on the heals of our previous vendor’s failed attempt. I can only describe it as a calming effect when true professionals are running the show.
“We are very pleased with the work that PTC performed. They were able to extract information from SQL Server and use that information to identify the exact causes of our performance bottlenecks. They provided us with information, tools, and instructions on how we can locate the cause of our performance problems. The final report contained good information and gives us a benchmark for doing future performance reviews.”
“This is a well balanced course (Optimizing Oracle RAC on Linux) covering all major topics from System Administration to Database Administration unlike most of the courses”