Senior Database Architect
Gary is a seasoned IT Professional with over thirty years’ experience in Consulting, Database Administration, and System Administration. Gary is experienced deploying and administering high performance Oracle database solutions for high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR). In addition, he is skilled in developing and implementing cross-platform system migration strategies and enterprise level backup and disaster recovery plans.
Gary is a Certified Oracle Professional Database Administrator. He has also served as the technical editor for Ed Whalen’s two recent Oracle Press publications:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Deep Dive, Oracle Press, 2012
- Oracle VM Implementation and Administration Guide, Oracle Press, 2011
CAREER OVERVIEW AND SUMMARY
Gary Parker has spent his entire career as an Information Technology profession in both the private and public sectors, first as a software developer and progressing to database administration on Unix / Linux / Windows platforms.
Subject Matter Expert in Oracle Database and underlying support components such OS, hardware and Storage. Specific areas of expertise include
- Oracle Real Application Clusters Database architecture design and deployment – versions 12c/11g/10g/9i
- Oracle Database platform / system migration and upgrade
- Disaster Recovery solutions using Oracle DataGuard
- Design and implementation of Oracle backup and recovery solutions using RMAN and OEM Grid Control
- Proficiency with Oracle GoldenGate for database migration / upgrade
- Linux OS administration and configuration
- Oracle solutions on VMware and Oracle VM
Specialties: Oracle RAC (12c/11g/10g/9i); Oracle Data Guard, Oracle VM, VMware, Oracle EM Grid Control, Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN), Linux / UNIX platforms / Windows OS, Linux System Administration, UNIX / Linux Shell scripting, Windows scripting.