Job Title: Oracle Database Consultant
We’re looking for Oracle Database Consultants. The ideal candidate is someone who can work autonomously and independently. You possess at least three years experience with Oracle database design, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Data Guard, database administration and knowledge of Oracle backup & disaster recovery methodologies.
The position requires excellent organization and problem-solving skills and strong English-language verbal and written skills for formal reporting and customer knowledge transfer.
Job Location: Houston, TX with up to 100% travel
Position Reports to: Director, Consulting
Start Date: Immediate
Employment Status: Contract-to-hire
Industry: Oil and Gas, Retail, High Tech
Visa Requirement: US Citizen
- Minimum 3 years experience designing and administering Oracle database systems.
- A good understanding of the Linux operating systems at a systems administration level.
- Knowledge of Oracle9i/10g/11g/12c RAC, including the ability to install and configure this product at the client location.
- Skill using the vi editor is required.
- Experience with Oracle backup and disaster recovery techniques.
- Technical knowledge of server & storage architectures, Fibre Channel and SCSI storage technologies is a plus
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Flexible, with ability to multi-task and work with various technologies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Oracle database 12c experience is a plus.
- System administration of UNIX or Windows operating systems is a plus.
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus
- Experience with Virtualization products such as Oracle VM and VMWare a plus.
- Familiarity with Oracle GoldenGate is a plus.
- Experience with application servers such as WebLogic is a plus.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline.